Oracle Golden Gate Online Training
Go Training’s offers the best Oracle Golden gate Online Training Course is designed by IT Professionals with the IT Industry Specialists as our trainers are experienced and certified trainers. They share their experience, tips and tricks in the Oracle Golden gate Online Training course. We are also delighted to be one of the best leading IT online training with best experienced IT professionals and skilled resources. We have been offering courses to consultants, companies so that they can meet all the challenges in their respective technologies.
Oracle GoldenGate is a comprehensive software package for real-time data integration and replication in heterogeneous IT environments. The product set enables high availability solutions, real-time data integration, transactional change data capture, data replication, transformations, and verification between operational and analytical enterprise systems. Oracle GoldenGate 12c brings extreme performance with simplified configuration and management, tighter integration with Oracle Database, support for cloud environments, expanded heterogeneity, and enhanced security.
Oracle Golden Gate 12c Course Content
- Creating Oracle GoldenGate Topologies
- Reviewing Oracle GoldenGate Use Cases
- Assembling Building Blocks
- Listing Supported OS
- Listing Supported Databases
- Listing the Oracle GoldengGate Product Line
- Listing Non-Database Sources and Targets
Oracle GoldenGate Architecture
- Describing Oracle GoldenGate Process Groups
- Explaining Change Capture and Delivery (with and without a Data Pump)
- Explaining Initial Data Load
- Contrasting Batch and Online Operation
- Explaining Oracle GoldenGate Checkpointing
- Describing Commit Sequence Numbers (CSN)
- Describing Oracle GoldenGate Files and Directories
Configuration Overview and Preparing the Environment
- Reviewing Configuration Overview
- Configuring Manager Process
- Creating Source Definitions
- Preparing the Source Database
- Assigning Oracle Database Roles/Privileges Required
- Using DBMS_GOLDENGATE_AUTH Package
Installing Oracle GoldenGate
- Listing System Requirements
- Performing Installation
- Configuring Environment Variables
- Using GGSCI
Running Oracle Golden Gate from the OS shell.
Configuring Change Capture (Extract)
- Reviewing Extract Overview
- Configuring Extract Tasks
- Adding Extract Group
- Editing Extract Parameters
- Extracting Use of Archived Transaction Logs
- Adding Trails
Configuring Change Delivery (Replicat)
- Reviewing Replicat Overview
- Configuring Replicat Tasks
- Configuring a Sample Environment
- Configuring New Integrated Replicat
Configuring Extract Trails and Files (Data Pump)
- Reviewing Extract Trails and Files Overview
- Describing Trail Formats
- Using Logdump for Viewing Trails
- Reversing the Trail Sequence
- Configuring and Using Data Pumps
Performing Initial Load
- Oracle GoldenGate Methods
- Listing Database-specific Methods
- Describing Resource Limitations
- Listing Advantages of Oracle GoldenGate Methods
- Configuring Direct Load Methods
- Handling Collisions with Initial Load
Editing Configuration Parameters
- Editing Parameter Files
- Contrasting GLOBALS versus Process Parameters
- Configuring GLOBALS Parameters
- Configuring Manager Parameters
- Configuring Extract Parameters
- Configuring Replicat Parameters
Filtering and Data Selection
- Filtering and Data Selection
- Mapping Columns Between Different Schemas
- Using Built-in “@” (at) Functions
- Using SQLEXEC to Interact Directly with a Database
- Configuring New Coordinated Replicat
- Reviewing Bidirectional Considerations
- Detecting Loops
- Avoiding Conflicts
- Configuring and Using Conflict Detection and Resolution
- Describing Identity Types Issues
- Reviewing Data Description Language Replication Overview
- Configuring and Using Options for DDL Replication
- Configuring and Using String Substitution in DDL
Oracle GoldenGate 12c Advance
Goldengate DBA Views for Troubleshooting
- Accessing knowledge Documents – Mailing lists, Oracle GoldenGate forums, etc.
- Consulting the Documentation
- Getting familiar with the ShowSyntax parameter
- Getting familiar with the logdump utility
Basic and Startup Problems
- Getting familiar with basic problems
- Developing the ability to deal with Extract and Replicat startup issues
- Verifying file names, file permissions, consistency between Extract and Replicat group names and their supporting files
- Verifying consistent naming convention when defining trail files and their reference in the Extract/Replicat parameter files
- Verifying that the correct software version has been installed
- Verifying that the Oracle GoldenGate manager is running, that the group name which fails to start exists and is not misspelt
- Verifying that the the parameter file exists, has the same name as the Extract/Replicat group, and is accessible by Oracle GoldenGate
- Introducing the use of CHECKPARAMS to verify that the parameter syntax is correct
Data Extraction Problems
- Developing the ability to deal with and troubleshoot data extraction issues:Extract is slow – Extract abends – Data pump abends
- Analyzing various causes of a slow Extract startup
- Tracing may be enabled, activity logging may be enabled, many columns listed in tables being replicated
- Introducing the use of the CacheMgr parameter to control the virtual memory and temporary disk space that are available for caching uncommitted transaction data
- In-depth analysis of abending Extracts: is Extract unable to open the transaction logs? – Checking to see if the disk is full -Is an archive log missing?
- In-depth analysis of abending data pumps: Does the data pump abend with error number 509 (“Incompatible record”)?Have the source tables been changed? Is the Extract abending due to data manipulation?
- Was the primary Extract or the data pump stopped, re-added, or restarted without resetting the data pump’s read position in the local trail?
Data Replication Problems
- Developing the ability to deal with and troubleshoot data replication issues:
- Analyzing the various causes of a “stuck” Replicat: Does “Stats Replicat” return no statistics? Do successive “Info Replicat” commands indicate that the Replicat read checkpoint is not moving?
- Verifying that the Replicat is reading the trail to which Extract is writing
- Analyzing the reasons why a Replicat abends: Is Replicat unable to locate a trail? Is Replicat unable to open a trail file? Was “Add TranData” issued for each table?
- Developing the ability to deal with and troubleshoot missed transactions involving issues such as: Tables that are not properly specified – Missing” Add TranData” command – LOB data not replicating
- Analyzing the reasons why transactions are not being processed: Were the tables included in Table and Map statements? Are fully qualified names (owner.table) used for both Table and Map?
- ‘Single quotes’ on object names imply case-sensitive names for some databases (including the Oracle database)
- Are the transactions coming out of the source system properly?
Mapping and Synchronization Problems
- Developing the ability to deal with and troubleshoot mapping problems, such us: Fetching from the source data fails – Table and column names not matching between the source and the target
- Analyzing the causes of various mapping problems:Is Extract returning fetch-related errors? Was the row containing the data deleted?
- Has the undo retention expired?
- Is “NoUseLatestVersion” for “FetchOptions” being used?
- Do the source and target tables exist in the databases? Are they specified correctly in the Table or Map statement? Are their names fully qualified (schema.table)?
- Do table and column names contain only supported characters?
- Are WHERE clauses comparing different data types?
- Is KeyCols being used? Are both source and target KeyCols being used? Corresponding source and target columns must match.
SQLEXEC, File-Maintenance, and Other Problems
- Developing the ability to deal with and troubleshoot :
- SQLEXEC problems – File-maintenance problems – Time differences – Too many open cursors
- File-Maintenance Problems: Discard File Is Not Created – Discard File Is Too Big – Trail File Is Too Big
- Miscellaneous Problems: Time Differences – INFO Command Shows Incorrect Status
“Classic” Performance Tuning
- Identifying causes of slow startups
- Monitoring lag and statistics
- Tuning Manager
- Identifying network and disk bottlenecks
- Tuning “Classic” Extract
- Tuning “Classic” Replicat
“Integrated” Performance Tuning
- Describing architecture and advantages of the new Integrated capture
- Describing architecture and advantages of the new Integrated delivery
- Familiarizing with the new V$ tables holding real time Oracle GoldenGate statistics
“Integrated” Capture and Delivery Troubleshooting
- Familiarizing with Troubleshooting Aids and Tools for Integrated Replication
- Describing Oracle GoldenGate Healthcheck for Integrated Replicat
- Describing the Oracle Database 12c GoldenGate AWR report
Frequently Used GGSCI Commands
Top 60 Interview Questions for Experienced